Free pre-conference event with Practice Greenhealth
and the Healthcare Plastics Recycling Council.
Plastics are garnering more and more media attention. Stagnant markets, toxicity, and concern over the amount of plastics in landfills and waterways have raised awareness around this continuous challenge for health care sustainability teams.
Practice Greenhealth’s Greening the OR program and the Healthcare Plastics Recycling Council (HPRC) share a common goal to increase medical plastic recycling.
Join us for a CleanMed pre-conference event to get the latest information on health care plastic prevention, reuse, and recycling, where you’ll
- learn the latest on China markets and the impact on regional and national recycling markets.
- hear from Practice Greenhealth hospitals on their protocols for material collection and recycling.
- identify opportunities to prevent waste and engage in sustainable procurement.
- handle medical plastics and packaging and discuss solutions.
- learn about HPRC’s updated toolkit for medical plastic recycling.
- gain insights from Greening the OR examples and resources.
- discuss hospital trends based on data collected from the Practice Greenhealth Environmental Excellence Awards.
This pre-conference event is open to the first 75 interested CleanMed registrants.
Breakfast will be available from 8:30-9 a.m. for participants.
Greening the OR Pre-conference Safer materials/chemicals Sustainable procurement Waste