CleanMed is the premier national environmental conference for leaders in health care sustainability who are on the leading edge of greening the health care sector. It’s the one time each year for businesses with environmentally preferable products and services or nutritious, sustainable foods to connect with the health care leaders who make purchasing decisions for their facilities. No other conference will connect you with the leaders at the forefront of implementing sustainability projects, green building design and environmentally preferable purchasing.
CleanMed is presented each year by Practice Greenhealth, the leading membership association for hospitals and businesses engaged in sustainable health care, and Health Care Without Harm, the campaign for environmentally responsible health care and advocate for environmental health and justice across the globe.
Accelerate the health care sector’s commitment to environmental sustainability and regenerative health to improve the health of people and the environment.
- Maximize opportunities for the health care sector’s development, adoption, and dissemination of environmentally preferable products and practices, and its design, construction and operations of green buildings.
- Convene health care stakeholders – senior administrators, clinicians, purchasing professionals, university researchers, designers of professional buildings, and vendors of cleaner and safer products and services – to share and exhibit environmentally regenerative practices.
- Provide examples of best practices and tools in environmental sustainability that reduce health care’s environmental footprint.
- Promote environmentally sustainable design practices and construction materials in health care.
- Incorporate environmentally preferable purchasing practices into health care and group purchasing organizations.
- Showcase products that are occupationally safer and less toxic to the patient and the environment.
- Evaluate alternatives to medical waste incineration.