The purpose of this grant is to support an educational, advocacy, organizing, communication, research, or other project that aligns with the goals of the Health Care Without Harm Physician Network to support physician or medical student action to promote climate-smart health care through mitigation, resilience, or leadership
Terms and Conditions
- Grantees may be asked to create a digital poster or present their project during a webinar during or after the award period.
- All grant funds provided by Health Care Without Harm must be used to support project activities that are consistent with section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code and the applicable regulations.
- No grant funds may be used to participate in or intervene in (including the publishing or distributing of statements), any political campaign on behalf of or in opposition to any candidate for public office or to provide a selective benefit to any political party or candidate.
- No grant funds may be used to engage in any activity considered to be direct or grassroots lobbying under Sections 4911 and 501(h) of the Internal Revenue Code and applicable regulations. (Please contact us with any questions about prohibited lobbying activity.)
- All grant funds provided pursuant to this agreement must be used to support activities that are consistent with all laws and regulations to which Health Care Without Harm is subject.
- All grant funds must be used to support an educational, advocacy, organizing, communication, research, or other project that aligns with the goals of the Health Care Without Harm Physician Network to support physician and medical student action to reduce the environmental impact of health delivery and promote climate-smart health care through mitigation, resilience, and leadership.
- 6-month interim report: On or around January 1, 2022, the grantee will provide to Health Care Without Harm a brief interim report that includes information about how the grant funds were used and the progress of the project.
- Final report: On or around July 1, 2022, the grantee will provide to Health Care Without Harm a final report that includes information about how the grant funds were used and the progress of the project.
- These dates can be flexible, within the month due, based on the project and the grantee’s clinical or academic responsibilities. Reports should be mailed to Amy Collins.
Intellectual Property Rights
- Health Care Without Harm retains the rights to publish and distribute any materials related to the project.
- All copyright interests in materials produced as a result of this grant are owned by the grantee. The grantee grants to HCWH a nonexclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, royalty-free license to reproduce, publish, copy, excerpt, or otherwise use, and to license others to use, any and all such materials, including any and all data, publications, information, or concepts developed, produced, or collected in connection with the grant in any and all forms. Health Care Without Harm shall acknowledge the grantee as the source of any such materials reproduced, published, copied, excerpted, or otherwise used.
- Nothing in this agreement will be construed to render grantee an employee of Health Care Without Harm. The grantee understands and agrees that the grantee is not an agent or representative of Health Care Without Harm and has no authority to bind or commit Health Care Without Harm to any agreements or other obligations.
- Health Care Without Harm will not withhold any federal, state, or local employment taxes on the grantee’s behalf, and the grantee agrees to pay all such taxes in a timely manner and as prescribed by the law.
- The grantee agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Health Care Without Harm (including its employees, officers, executives, representatives, members, and agents) from and against any and all claims, demands, liability, losses, damages, costs, or expenses, including reasonable counsel fees and expenses that arise as a result of the grantee’s performance of or failure to perform the services provided for herein.